What this blog is all about?

Sky ! Vast emptyness that surrounds our planet. But then, when you look up, it doesn't look empty. There are so many tiny dots that fill up this vast open space along with a big white orb that keeps changing its shape daily.

As a child, I always used to wonder 
- What are these tiny dots?
- Why are they so small ?
- What are they made up of?
- Who created them?
- Why can't I see them in the morning?
- Do they move?
- Do they have names?
- Why moon is so special & much bigger than these tiny dots?

But then, these questions remained unanswered for such a long time that I even forgot that I had them in the first place.

But thanks to IUCAA, I attended one of the sky watching session they conduct for public and the memories came back flooding.

Since that day, hardly a day has gone without me looking up to the skies and trying to figure out various famous patterns & observe celestial events.

I am starting this blog to keep a record of various sky watching related things I am doing which includes getting up at strange hours in the night :-) , reading information on web/books , capturing sky photographs  and talking a lot about what I have been doing on this front.

I will try to keep information as accurate as possible, but suggestions/corrections are welcome. Hopefully amateurs like me will find this blog both helpful and informative.



Comments

Popular Posts